Wednesday, April 9, 2014

ShallowBreathsZeroThoughtsPureBliss

I wrote this poem based off of the woman's view of what is going on and what she is feeling in this photograph. 

Our fingers intertwined,
mine eyes,
locked.
The sun beats down,
heating my face.
Scarlet,
 my cheeks.
Huh-hmm, huh-hmm,
His soft shallow breaths,
are cool,
icy,
on my neck.
Huh-hmm, huh-hmm.  
I receive a lovely blaze from the eternally evanescent sun,
and an internal fire smolders with the love that I acquire from him.
A faint musk,
Strong,
oak,
invades my nares.
I welcome it.
I welcome him.
My toes curl in the prickly, piney grass,
The blades play with each toe.
I feel an overwhelming sensation of happiness, heat, and beyond.
My thick coils nestle on his strength.
He protects me from the world,
protects me from myself.
Dainty fingers find its way into his locks.
My dials swirl in the thick black matte, entrapping me almost.
Almost.
It feels like feathers,
light and airy.
It feels like sunshine,
heated and happy.
It looks like night,
dark and promising.
I’m enveloped in a thick pink haze,
All around me.
All around us,
just us.
Buzzing bees bzzzzz through the air.
Its buzzzzz sending me vibrations,
elations.
It struggles to soak up the pink hazes center,
Slurffup,
I imagine when it drinks.
Slurffup, slurffup.
I taste without my tongue.
Ambrosial honey suckle, with hints of spice.
The heated sun,
His fingered feather hair,
My tickly toe mates,
Please let me stay,
there,
here.
Huh-hmm, Huh-hmm, huh-hmm, huh-hmmmmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment