Friday, February 7, 2014

Untitled (How Does It Feel?)

My affection aches for what never was,
A moment in time, forever set on repeat.
Your skin was so soft,
beneath my weight.
Your freckles danced,
with each movement of your face.
What did I fear?
Why was I scared?
I loved you.
I liked you.
I knew you.
I was you.
Mine eyes reflected yours,
in a gaze of pure innocence.
I had nothing to abhor,
for that I am sure.
You gave me your all,
you wanted my hand.
I need you know,
I needed you then.
Your scent was that of the ocean,
a wonderful elixir of pungent salt,
nice and fresh.
Passion in your eyes,
so brazen, so bold.
You are so beautiful.
You were so serene.
I need you now.
I needed you then
My carcass betrayed me.
It absconded me from you.
I can not take back,
the actions I took.
I want to retract the things that I said.
A break in time,
destined for enchantment,
lifted from me,
by my own apprehension.

No comments:

Post a Comment