Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Aaliyah

At your best you are love,
The sky is golden, shining with opportunities,
Looking up into the vast sky, is a world of the unknown, the unexplored, and the undeveloped. The only way to change this is to live to YOUR fullest potential.
YOU have the power to make it known,
YOU have the power to explore,
And,
You can turn the smallest seed of an idea, to a beautiful, developed fruit tree.
You're a positive motivating force within my life,
When I look at you I see the stars,
Because you are looking down on me from mars,
You inspire me to do better,
Be stronger,
Achieve greater,
When I feel like giving up,
I picture you in the back if my head,
Picture your achievements,
Your hardships,
And I remove the word can't from my vocabulary,
You are the gas within my tank,
You are the fuel that keeps me going,
Never wonder why,
Thank-you for letting me try
And if you ever feel the need to wonder why,
Don't,
Stop over-thinking things,
Stop with the would of, should of, wish I could of,
Learn to accept things and people as the way they are,
For now,
If people don't want to change,
And you've done all you can to help them,
It's time to cut the ties,
Let them loose,
If you keep going back to self-destructive people,
They will lead you down,
A dark, dirty, and lonely path.
Who's going to help you then?
It's okay to be selfish every now and then,
Because if you keep on doing for others,
Who's going to do onto you?

Word of the Day:
No- a negative used to express dissent, denial, or refusal, as in response to a question or request

No comments:

Post a Comment