Monday, September 2, 2013

Our Love is a Burning Fire in the Rain

Chocolate kiss,
Chocolate love,
Chocolate lust.
You stay on my mind,
You've left a dent im my lobe,
I can't stop thinking, I won't stop thinking,
Thinking of what is,
Wondering what could be.
I love you, I want you, I need you, I breathe you,
When I am away, I do not hesitate to shed tears,
You're so sweet, my chocolate mystery
You are strong, I am weak.
Chocolate kiss,
Chocolate love,
Chocolate lust.
You're hugs are like kryptonite,
They power my day.
So warm in your arms, it's where I need to stay.
Shelter me baby, from the dangers of the night,
When you speak, I break,
Your voice so smooth,
When you touch, I melt,
Your kiss so soft,
My heart is cold,
You are my furnace.
I love you, I want you, I need you, I breathe you,
Falling into your arms,
Falling into your love,
My hand brushes your hair,
Your hand caresses my leg,
Our eyes intertwine,
My lips tickle your cheek, 
So warm, so warm, how are you so warm,
I open my eyes and there you aren't,
Melted on the floor.
An apparition, a blur, a lie, a tale.
My chocolate kiss,
My chocolate love,
My chocolate lust,
Dead in the night, gone from sight.....

I wrote this after listening to the song 'Just My Imagination' by The Temptations. It's about unrequited love. Loving someone so much, that you begin to trick your mind to think that one day they may love you back, but in the end it's not true. They never will. It's a pipe dream, a fantasy, just your imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment