Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Her

So, I've never been in love. Anyone who knows me will know that my experience with people of the opposite sex is pretty limited. I like guys but they don't really seem to like me.


This makes for a very awkward situation when your favorite thing to write about is love. *sighhhhh*

Luckily, I could put my feet into the shoes of the many individuals who are lucky enough to find love. Today my feet are in Majid Jordan's shoes. For my Creative Writing class my assignment was to write about a life changing experience. Personally, I think a life changing experience is when one falls in love. Soooo I listened to the song "Her" by Majid Jordan quite few times and wrote this short story for my creative writing class. Let me know what you think and if I got the essence of love right because sadly I'm not drawing from my own experience but simply my imagination.



Her
Red lipstick stained the white teacup that once held her favorite herbal tea. He lifted the cup and inhaled. The quiet scent of chamomile reminded him of her soft kisses before bed when their love intertwined. He smiled. Just the thought of her made his heart flutter and his breath hasten but somehow he still felt at ease.
Majid had, had many girlfriends in the past but she was so different from the rest. The day he first saw her remains among his favorite memories. She had been studying the many individuals that were hurriedly making their way through New York City on a Monday morning. Her brows furrowed as she mentally took notes of each one of her fleeting subjects. Her long ombred locs were in a multi-colored headwrap that made her smooth cocoa complexion pop from beneath. It was then that her gaze met his. Unlike most, she didn’t look away nor did her facial expression change. She was studying him and him her. He could not say who broke the gaze or if the gaze was ever truly broken. He only knew that from that day on, his world would be forever changed.
A playful husky voice snuck up behind him, “Majid, come back to bed.” Her tiny arms embraced him from behind. He grasped onto her silky, swarthy skin. Her lips nuzzled into his neck taking in his scent, taking in him. The sensation sent an erratic burst of electricity throughout his body. He turned around and hoisted her onto the counter so they could be eye to eye. She wore a crisp white towel and nothing else. Her disheveled hair hung low on her hips. Outside of faintly smudged, red lipstick, her face was bare. She looked so beautiful.
“You look so beautiful.”
Her huge brown eyes looked up into his and that was the moment he knew that he could stay here forever, with her, looking at her, being with her. She wasn’t like the rest because he needed her. The taste of chamomile enveloped his mouth and sent his soul into a deep trance of ecstasy that made him one with her, his love.  

1 comment: