Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Lunch Alone

This year is the first year since seventh grade (5 years), that I've been eating lunch by myself. It sucks sometimes, but at least I get to eat as messy as I want without random stares! Or are they staring at me either way because I've become the freak that eats lunch alone??? Hmm......

Munch, munch,
Bite, bite,
Chew, chew.
Swallow,
repeat.
Nothing in between.
Staring at the blood brick wall.
Picking up the intricate detail.
Realizing the pointed  precision.
A trait that you would fail to perceive, if pale white skin, dirty blond hair, or dark green eyes were reflecting yours.
You pick through the greens, reds, and purple flecks on your plate.
You put more thoughts into motions, for fear of losing some of the normalcy you may still contain.
Only a freak sits by herself.
A plague to be avoided,
is that what I became?
Voices surround you, none of them yours.
Voices surround you, they don't want you to be heard. 
Pangs of jealousy for those with friends,
Pangs of heartache, for your solitude will never end.  
Life of a loner, 
Isolated,
Content.
For I'd rather eat lunch alone for the rest of all time,
If it means avoiding meaningless chats and pointless rhymes.

No comments:

Post a Comment